Date:      Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:49:13 -0800
From:      Sam Leffler <sam@errno.com>
To:        Yamamoto Shigeru <shigeru@iij.ad.jp>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADSUP: new ath+hal

Yamamoto Shigeru wrote:
>>> Does anyone know how to solve this trouble?
>>> #Should I hack wpa_supplicant? or ath hal and driver?
> Sam> There have been many changes to ath and the net80211 layer.  Please try
> Sam> to isolate what change affected you.  Past that you must provide the
> Sam> mac+phy revs for your card.  Otherwise you have not indicated anything
> Sam> about your configuration (open auth, wep, wpa, etc).  You haven't
> Sam> provided any logs.
>
> Excuse me.
> I write my environment.
>
> - IBM ThinkPad X31
> - kernel and user land is current at 2006/02/16
> - ath_hal: 0.9.16.16 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413, RF5413)
> - ath0: mac 5.6 phy 4.1 5ghz radio 1.7 2ghz radio 2.3
> - Access Point is 'I/O DATA WN-APG/A" (http://www.iodata.jp/prod/network/wnlan/2004/wn-apga/index.htm)
> -- 'bssid 00:a0:b0:5e:73:b1' for 11b
> -- 'bssid 00:a0:b0:5e:73:b2' for 11a
> -- accept WPA-PSK only (not accept WEP)
>
> I send you some logs, include dmesg and wpa_supplicant logs.

I don't see anything that indicates a problem related to the ath
changes.  You seem to not be getting the ssid from the ap's when the
ssid is hidden which means either the station is not sending the proper
probe req frames to elicit a probe response or someone (ap or sta) is
having problems rx'ing.  To diagnose this you can use the debugging
facilities in the net80211 layer; e.g.

ifconfig ath0 debug

should I believe generate enough debugging msgs to identify more about
what's going on.  Otherwise you can use the wlandebug tool to enable
more msgs; e.g.

wlandebug -i ath0 scan

I didn't see any indication of what code rev you were running that
"worked" and you didn't indicate if you were able to pinpoint specific
changes that caused things to stop working.

Since this problem is independent of wpa I'd recommend simplifying your
network config; e.g. use open auth and see if you can associate with the
ssid hidden.

	Sam