Date:      Wed, 30 Oct 2002 21:46:40 -0500
From:      Constantine <cnst@rbcmail.ru>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sis(4): NETGEAR FA311 sis0: watchdog timeout

------------=_1036032423-99683-0

Hello!

I have a problem with FreeBSD 4.7 sis(4) driver. I have bought NETGEAR
FA311, and it doesn't want to work with nether FreeBSD 4.5 nor 4.7. When
I try to set an IP-address to it, I have this message sent to my
console: "sis0: watchdog timeout". My patch cable is ok, it's new as
well, and I have successfully checked it with the internal LAN interface
(fxp).

I have tried to search the net for similar problems, and I have found
some, but what I haven't found is the solution to make it work. I'm new
to UNIX, so I have no idea how to make it work. I've installed FreeBSD
4.7 recently, so I need this card to work with it. Thanks for reading
this letter; I hope someone will send me some ideas about it. Thanks.

# pciconf -lv

sis0@pci1:2:0:	class=0x020000 card=0xf3111385 chip=0x0020100b rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
        vendor   = 'National Semiconductor'
        device   = 'DP83815 10/100 Fast Ethernet Adapter (MacPhyter)'
        class    = network
        subclass = ethernet

My Motherboard: AOpen AX4G-N Intel 845G(+ICH4)

--
Constantine