Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:43:38 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        Tim Tsai <tim@futuresouth.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOS?

> Beware of getting a TCP/IP stack working in your "doscmd" window (BTW, I've only seen it running under Xfree86).
>
> I had thought of transfering a "development environment" running here under DOS, but I stopped when I saw I had to use a networking stack from under DOS (I still don't know if it is at all possible to "rsh " from the DOS window to the underlying FreeBSD).

That's ok, I dont actually need a TCP/IP stack under the emulation.  The
reason being that our hardware lies in stealth, and just listens.  The
reason I need FreeBSD and DOS together is so that I can generate traffic
between my 2 machines when testing the board.  If I were to run the board
under just DOS, I would have no way of generating traffic.

I'm going mad! :)