Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 13:22:33 -0500
From:      Tim DiMiceli <tdimiceli@ap.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   This isn't a true question..

This isn't a true question it is more of statement from what I have come
across and what I use and know.  I have just come across an article in
Zdnet.com that rates FreeBSD as a better server than Linux.  The address
for this article is

http://www.zdnet.com/sr/stories/issue/0,4537,349576,00.html

Please go to it and read what it says.  Yes the article may be minor but
it helps give some very creditable substance to wha twe FreeBSD junkies
have been saying for a long long time.  We have been saying that FreeBSD
might not be the BEST, it still comes close and is more stable and
better maintained than most other free Unix Flavors.  I currently am
relearning it and am using the 2.2.7 version.  My next machine will have
the 3.0 version installed.  I have worked with ISP's in the past and I
have always recommended FreeBSD for its ease of use and easy learning
curve.  Most of the documentation you need for FreeBSD can be had in the
online Handbook and then when that resource is depleted it is the
manpages and other websites that come to bear and help give more
information as to configuration of a webserver or what have you.  I have
worked with Windows NT 3.5-4.0 and Sure I'm used to my NT but I feel
that NT has not come close to the power and stability within FreeBSD.
My programs in FreeBSD open up much faster and the tools that are
prebuilt into FreeBSD overshadow the tools given to you by NT.  Though
personally I would still go with the scenerario of a good ISP being that
of a mix of both NT and UNIX.  There are some niecities to NT but then
again that just says I'm lazy..:)   Anyway.  I just wanted to state my
piece about FreeBSD and share with you guys that the good word is going
out about FreeBSD.  Hey if Ziff Davis takes notice why not some other
magazines? :)

Yours Truly
Tim DiMiceli
The ever present learner

P.S.  Though one thing, NT could never handle the traffic on a website
or FTP site that FreeBSD can..just look at the numbers of Walnut Creek
and Mircosoft.com. :)