Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 09:42:55 -0600
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: GeForce2 support

Peter Radcliffe wrote:

> I'd assume because it's too linux specific. Other than the XFree86
> support all that is missing is OpenGL support, which isn't something
> anyone seems to have time for and I can't say I'm bothered about.

I would love good OpenGL support.  I have done some 3D programming
to help me visualise solutions to various differential equations,
for example, the 3D Navier-Stokes equation (equation for incompressible
fluids).  While what there is already for the TNT2 is acceptable,
a much faster 3D rendering would be fantastic.  I currently use
FreeBSD 3.3.6 with the vnidia changes to Mesa-3.0.

--
Stephen Montgomery-Smith
stephen@math.missouri.edu