Date:      Fri, 8 May 2020 18:49:25 +0200
From:      Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net>
To:        freebsd-X11@freebsd.org
Subject:   i3wm and remote display

Hello friends,

I'm not sure to post on the right list. If I made a miståke, please forgive me
and redirect me to correect one.

Since yesterday I test i3wm. It work fine and I began to love it. So I made
multiple tests.

My wife use a small PC with devuan and VirtulBox to use windows.

I use deviaぬ as remote screen (ssh -Y) in order to use android-studio which
cannot run on FreeBSD.

With mate the connection juste work great and I see no slow down. Exactly the
same the computer behind me.

But with i3wm the connection is very slow, the menu, the code are not displayed.

I know that it could be a i3wm issue, a java issue, and android-studio issue
or… a X11 issue, that why I port here.

Does anybody experiment the same problem? With another application.

Xterm of xcloch works just great but it's not a real test.

Thanks for reading me, thanks for your time, your advice

I run 12.1-RELEASE-p4 on a lenove X280, 16Gb of RAM and a addtional display
(which is my primary) with a 2560X1440 resolution.

Take care.

--
Jacques Foucry