Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 13:45:05 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Steve Price <steve@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ade Lovett <ade@FreeBSD.org>, David O'Brien <obrien@FreeBSD.org>, portmgr@FreeBSD.org, developers@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 4.4 RC2 - Monday August 27 (was Re: freeze)

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

  I will be releasing RC2 on the evening of Monday August 27th (PST).
ftp.FreeBSD.org is now syncing up with ftp-master 6 times a day during
the release cycle so I expect the ISO to be generally available
shortly thereafter.  As I'm sure you've noticed, Jordan has resumed
his role as primary RE and is responsible for MFC approvals sent to
re@FreeBSD.org.  However, I'm still going to help out by releasing RC2
and anything else that he delegates to me.

  RC2 will not be held up any longer for GNOME and KDE, although we
will certainly do our best to include both.  There are plenty of other
things that need testing (see freebsd-qa@ for more information).

  We plan on releasing 3 release candidates in total before going
"gold", but we will produce more if necessary.

    Thanks,

     - Murray

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z

--7AUc2qLy4jB3hD7Z--