Date:      Mon, 23 Jan 2006 20:38:44 -0200
From:      JoaoBR <joao@matik.com.br>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: need help for DSDT for an Epox Amd64 MB

On Monday 23 January 2006 19:48, Nate Lawson wrote:
> > well, would you mind saying which one exactly you think of for removing?
>
> Thinking of removing debug.acpi.disabled since it is mostly redundant
> with the hint approach.  But more investigation should be done before
> claiming that.

ok, means that all acpi subdrivers can not be disabled any more in boot.loa=
der=20
and would be switched as hints on or off, right

is this already possible, I mean disabling the acpi subsets as hints?

let me ask what would be the advantage of using hints instead? Any timeline=
=20
for this or just a thought at this time?

thank's
Jo=E3o