Date:      Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:23:29 +0100
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Is there a way to run FreeBSD ports through port 80?

Hi,

I am trying to introduce FreeBSD into my office and it's been looked
at with quite a bit of enthusiasm however, what makes it look bad is
our companies 'security' policy to block FTP.

At present they are running a whole bunch of CentOS based boxes and
VM's which of course can be run through port 80 when using YUM.

How does one get round this issue as my superiors are telling me that
opening up FTP is a security risk and therefor don't want to proceed?

I would like to use ports specifically and not the pkg_add tool to get software.

Can anyone sugget anything?

Regards,

Kaya