Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 19:31:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dufault@hda.com, bde@zeta.org.au, hm@altona.hamburg.com, se@mi.Uni-Koeln.de
Subject:   NAKAMICHI cdrom changer

Peter Defualt wrote:
> > As John Beukema wrote:
> > >

> > > Can I expect the same under fbsd?
> >
> > Nope, you should use the `changer' device (ch0).  Our CDROMs aren't
> > `sd' drives anyway.

> No, use the CD driver.  It should attach as 7 drives, switching
> when you access the different LUNS.  The ch driver is a media
> changer, I think like the Exabyte stacker.

> This is Hellmuth's notorious Nakamichi drive that needs a
> fix to work properly, though I bet that one that BDE posted is the
> right one.

	this drive costs $129 at CSC (408-734-disk).  they are selling a
Nakamichi scsi-ii fast, 2x, 256kB buffer unit.

	the price and number of cdroms is great.

	but will it work????   i want to use it with an ncr53c810 that
built into my asus sp3g motherboard.

	in 2.1.0-R /sys/pci/ncr.c: "#define MAX_LUN     (1)"  gack!!!

jmb

Jonathan M. Bresler        FreeBSD Postmaster         jmb@FreeBSD.ORG
play go. ride bike. hack FreeBSD.--ah the good life
i am moving to a new job.                 PLEASE USE: jmb@FreeBSD.ORG