Date:      Fri, 8 Jun 2012 08:01:29 +0300
From:      Genghis Khan <genghiskhan@gmx.ca>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD MATE (GNOME2) Project News

I would love to see Trinity around too.  So far, the MATE community has
done a very good job, MATE works for me faster than GNOME2 and they
have also removed the annoying Yelp component (some sort of an
unnecessary documented guides viewer which depends on XUL) and
there were bug fixes as well.

What do we qualify a Desktop Environment?
Desktop Manager, Panel, Window Manager.

How many are required to maintain these existing components?
http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/applications
http://salix.enialis.net/i486/13.37/salix/mate/