Date:      Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:01:16 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Peter Schwenk <schwenk@math.udel.edu>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing via PCMCIA NE2000 NIC

Interesting, it's the second time this has come up in
a few days.

You can try going to the Options menu and asking it
to re-probe the hardware.  It might find the card.

You can go to the holographic shell on Alt-F4 (start it
from the Fixit menu if it isn't there), where you can
use the ifconfig command and the route command.  Look
at Alt-F2 also to see if it found ed0.  (netstat is
not available in the holographic shell)

You can try telling it to install from ftp and then
choose ppp, enter the info for the hostname etc., and
then don't go to Alt-F3; or go and press <enter> to
return.  It might connect anyway, assuming the ed0
interface really is up and configured.

Annelise