Date:      Tue, 14 Nov 1995 22:57:01 +0100
From:      "Julian H. Stacey" <jhs@vector.eikon.e-technik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   startslip

No point reinventing the wheel .....
Has anyone got patches to convert src/sbin/startslip to accept
a syntax like:
	startslip ........  device user1 passwd1 user2 passwd

( where an arbitrary amount of crud may occur from a line switching box
  between the end of passwd1 and prior to the login: prompt for  user2 )

I know the obvious Q.: why not write it yourself ?
	Well, because my old ISP is about to become permanently unavailable,
	so while I'm not sure which of several new ISPs I
	will be trying, I thought I'd try new alternate FreeBSD IP tools
	( slip ppp * 2, auto dial & manual, dynamic & static
	ip adr allocation etc)
	on my old ISP site, before trying new tools on new sites.

(I currently use a kermit script to do the double login)

Julian

Julian H. Stacey      EMAIL: jhs@freebsd.org  WEB: http://www.freebsd.org/~jhs/