Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:20:02 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sonewconn: pcb =?UTF-8?B?MHjigKY6IExpc3RlbiBxdWV1ZSBvdmVyZmxv?= =?UTF-8?B?dyBbV2FzOiBSZTogbGFnZyg4KSBjYXVzZXMgZ2hvc3QgcXVldWUgd2l0aCBpZ2I=?= =?UTF-8?B?KDQpXQ==?=

--------------enig2323ED26D3C713F43EBA69E6

 Bez=C3=BCglich Harald Schmalzbauer's Nachricht vom 18.01.2015 13:11
(localtime):
>  Bez=C3=BCglich Harald Schmalzbauer's Nachricht vom 16.01.2015 20:12
> (localtime):
>>  Hi all,
>>
>> while investigating a watchdog timeout problem (on FreeBSD-10.1-stable=

>> r276295) I noticed "ghost" queues consuming interrupts with
>> igb(4)[82576] if igb(4) is member of lagg(4) (laggproto loadbalance
>> lagghash l2). Mysteriously only sometimes (1 of 2 runs).
>>
>> Sending machine has only one ssh session open, where I do the followin=
g:
>> 'dd if=3D/dev/zero | nc vegashare 3333' (of course on vegashare is a
>> listener [nc -l vegashare 3333 > /dev/null])
>>
>> I'm transfering 123.5*10^6 Bytes/sec and on the sender, systat reports=
:
>> 2682 igb0:que 0 (1 of 4 queues causes moderate irq load hw.igb.aim=3D1=
,
>> otherhise it were 16k irqs/s, nothing on the other 3 queues)
>>
>> But roughly every second run, I see a another queue consuming much mor=
>> irqs/s while transferring exactly the same at exactly the same speed:
>> 7740 igb0:que 0
>> 2640 igb0:que 3
>>
>> Here's again one queue with 2.6k irqs/s, but another one with 7.7k
>> irqs/s which I can't understand what this is doing. It's useless for
>> sure, because with only one queue I get the same payload transported o=
>> the same hardware with the same speed and 3 queues idle=E2=80=A6
> I noticed another mysterium, at least for me. I'd highly appreciate if
> somebody could give me a hint how I can understand the following lines
>
> sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff801b85907a8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already i=
> queue awaiting acceptance (1 occurrences)
> sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff801b85907a8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already i=
> queue awaiting acceptance (220 occurrences)
>
> I have never seen them before and I guess it's related to my other queu=
> mysterium.

Sorry, I should have asked someone to type that into a internet search
portal for me before posting here ;-)
The pcb address is a unix domain socket, so completely unrelated to my
igb(4) queue mysterium!

Please excuse, thanks,

-Harry