Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 1995 09:44:30 -0500 (CDT)
From:      John Lind <john@starfire.mn.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Ok, *now* it's End-Of-ALPHA Release Candidate time!

WRT "active" and "passive" FTP modes -- now I am really confused.  Though
my access is not firewalled, I had to change from "active" mode which
I had just selected (cf: my last message a few minutes ago) to "passive"
mode before I could even connect to ftp.freebsd.org.  After that I still
had to try a few times, but I suspect that was just because the subscription
limit was reached.

So, either these "passive" and "active" things are backwards on that menu,
(meaning that the default is the functionality that I would expect, even
the label is the other), or I am hopelessly confused.  If the latter,
I'll find it when I got digging later in the docs to find out more about
this active and passive mode stuff...

		   John Lind, Starfire Consulting Services
E-mail: john@starfire.MN.ORG		USnail: PO Box 17247, Mpls MN  55417