Date:      Thu, 28 May 1998 16:51:12 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu>
To:        brian@Awfulhak.org, tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu, tinguely@plains.NoDak.edu
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PS: user PPP and IGMP

on Tuesday 26 May 1998 11:52:37, I said:

>  I did a crude patch for using an IGMP tunnel with PPP in alias mode. basically,
>  this patch causes a bypassing the alias code then dealing with a IGMP input
>  packet). I also added traces for IGMP packets.
>
>  the context diff for this is at:
>
>          ftp://ftp.cs.ndsu.nodak.edu/pub/freebsd/misc/ppp_igmp.diff

this was half correct, it takes care of the routing information between the
multicast routers, but does not take care of the session data. I believe
I have that fixed also (by also routing the multicast tunnel around the
alias code).

I am pulling the above diff file and will replace it when the session
change has been fully tested.

--mark.