Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2012 18:03:11 -0400
From:      Mike Burrell <mike@wizardlike.ca>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?=C9meric_Maschino?= <emeric.maschino@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Installing on zx6000

On 12-06-22 02:59 PM, =C9meric Maschino wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> Same problem here. I didn't get an answer when reported back in May
> (http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ia64/2012-May/003236.html).
> My zx6000 has the latest firmware. From what I understand, this issue
> is specific to Madison CPUs.

It's not clear to me whether this is the same issue (or whether the
thinks you linked to are all the same issue), though it definitely could
be. In the post I made in January I mentioned that I'd successfully
installed other things (specifically Debian and HP-UX) without any
problems at all, so I'm inclined to believe this is a problem with
either FreeBSD's GENERIC kernel or FreeBSD's EFI loader.

Mostly my frustration at this point is trying to determine whether this
is a known issue or not.

I guess I'll have to live with Debian for a while....

Mike