Date:      Sun, 13 May 2001 22:26:32 +1000
From:      "Hugh Blandford" <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Running Stable on remote production server

Hi All,

I have been reading the instructions for tracking stable and what is
recommended in the way of procedures.  It seems from this that it would be
extremely hard to follow these recommendations for a remote POP.  IE moving
to single user mode and on the whole messing with the machine for several
hours at a time.

I would be very interested in hearing from anyone who is running a 24x7
server who is tracking stable and how they cope.  In my case I haven't seen
one of my servers for over a year.  It is in a phone exchange and costs a
fortune to 'visit'.

Thanks,

Hugh