Date:      Sat, 14 Mar 2015 14:48:41 -0400
From:      Brett Wynkoop <freebsd-arm@wynn.com>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter@rulingia.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, Mark Treacy <mark.treacy@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: zfs

Ian's theory that my BBoard is sick is looking better all the time.
Last night I took a rotating USB disk with a working zfs on it off of
an x86 box where it was very happy and the BBone errored out just
trying to see it, with the end result being no device being visible to
the system.

It looks like it is time to unbox my other BBone and give it a try.

One thing I did discover though is that the cpu hit to write to a
compressed zfs is not too much for the BeagleBone to handle.  Any disk
write actions I took against zfs completed much faster than they did
against UFS.

-Brett

--

wynkoop@wynn.com               http://prd4.wynn.com/wynkoop/pgp-keys.txt
917-642-6925

April 19, 1775 An English attempt to confiscate guns from Americans
triggered a successful revolution......

     Dear Congress, that's a hint.