Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 2015 15:08:15 +0530
From:      Aafak Mohammad <aafak.mohammad@cloudbyte.com>
To:        Aafak Mohammad <aafak.mohammad@cloudbyte.com>, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iSCSI initiator: iscontrol cannot be stopped or killed

Thanks for helping.
But for now i cannot upgrade it.
Can i get only iscsictl for 9.2?
 i mean get it from 10.1 and use only this feature  in 9.2
will it work ?

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 2:16 PM, Edward Tomasz Napiera=C5=82a <trasz@freebsd=
.org>
wrote:

> On 0303T1445, Aafak Mohammad wrote:
> > Problem: the iscontrol process starts normally and establishes
> > a session and brings up a device, but it cannot be stopped.
> > It does not react to a HUP signal, and neither to KILL.
> >
> > The /dev/da0 device is operational and the remote disk remains
> > normally accessible, regardless of how I try to (unsuccessfully)
> > shutdown the iscontrol process. The ps reports the state of the
> > process as "Ds", not doing anything. A ktrace does not show any
> > reaction to a received signal. A restart seems to be necessary
> > to break the iSCSI session.
>
> Well, that's one of the reasons it's obsolete.  Could you try
> to upgrade to 10.1 and try the new iSCSI initiator, iscsictl/iscsid?

--=20
Thanks and Regards,
Aafak
[image: cid:image001.png@01CF7E5A.8A69F530]

Plot No. : 2799 & 2800, Srinidhi Bldg, 3rd Floor,
27th Main, Sector =E2=80=93 1, HSR Layout,
Bangalore =E2=80=93 560102, Call: (91)-80-2258-2804
www.cloudbyte.com