Date:      Mon, 26 May 1997 15:40:56 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bernie Doehner <bad@uhf.wireless.net>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        rhh@ct.picker.com
Subject:   bt848 hangups on 486's

Hi:

I just tried rebooting with multi-sector disk I/O turned off on wd0 and it
locked up even quicker than before..

Previously I also tried IDE mode 3, but to no avail.. Still locks up.

This time, all it took to lock up instantly was to resize the window to
max size, and type "su" on a xterm.

>From Randall's comments it sure seems like fxtv is eating up too much CPU
time. Unfortunately second to last crash took out today's mail spool
file. Randall mentioned a program he used called xs* to look at X protocol
activity. Could someone please fill in the blank?

I can confortably say that I have tried everything now in terms of
configuration changes. Time to start look at why fxtv is spinning in
circles.

Bernie