Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:28:27 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Riccardo Veraldi <Riccardo.Veraldi@fi.infn.it>
To:        <freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org>
Subject:   X -probeonly core dumps, XFree problem

I have a S3 Trio 64 based video card it is a Number Nine exactly,
on AlphaStation 255.
I was not able to configure X11  because I cannot run XF86Setup
since the XF86_VGA16 server is not included in the X distribution very
weird! So I had to use the script xf86config which really does not work
very well. SuperProbe anyway crashes with a core dump and trying to fix
the /etc/XF86Config file by hand it works but when the monitor changes
resolution for the X11 server the screen stays black nothing happens and
after a while the system HALTs!! and I Am back to the SRM console very
weird! anyone could give me a little hint please??
thanks a lot!!

Rick