Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 1996 09:54:23 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Charles Owens <owensc@enc.edu>
To:        questions list FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   feasibility of running Oracle?  How?

Greetings,

I'm may need to run Oracle (to be used by CS students) and I'd like to do
it on a FreeBSD box.  I've heard vague mutterings that such a thing is
possible using the IBCS emulation, but that installation is difficult.

Could someone whose done this sort of thing please comment and give me an
idea of what I'm in store for?  Specificly, some things that I'd like to
know are:

	1. What specific version of Oracle do I want?
	2. How is installation accomplished (whatever isn't obvious)
	3. Are there any caveats to running Oracle in this way (things
		that don't work, etc.)

There doesn't seem to be any general docs for the IBCS emulation around.
Or am I just not finding it?

Any help appreciated...
thanks,
---
  Charles Owens                                  Email:  owensc@enc.edu
                                       "I read somewhere to learn is to
  Information Technology Services     remember... and I've learned that
  Eastern Nazarene College            we've all forgot..."   - King's X