Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 1995 08:57:08 -0600 (CST)
From:      bob@obiwan.pmr.com (Bob Willcox)
To:        guido@IAEhv.nl (Guido van Rooij)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: question about dump

Guido van Rooij wrote:

> What happens when I do a level 0 dump on a system that is not in single
> user mode? More specifically: if files/directories get deleted after
> dump has made ist dump table?

This is a good question.  I do this all the time, but don't really understand
the consequences of doing so.  (I find it too painful to take my system down
to single user mode for the appx. 6 hrs it takes to do the full dump :-()

--
Bob Willcox                ...!{rutgers|ames}!cs.utexas.edu!uudell!obiwan!bob
Austin, TX                                 or: @uudell.us.dell.com:obiwan!bob