Date:      Mon, 12 May 1997 21:22:01 -0400
From:      Randall Hopper <rhh@ct.picker.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bt848 on P55T2P4-P100oc

     In case anyone's motherboard shoppin' for a multimedia system, you
should give the ASUS P55T2P4 a look (Triton 2 chipset).  Several days ago,
I swapped one of these under my P100 in place of my old P55TP4XE Triton 1
(for the fun of it; you know, the hobby thing; old one was working just
fine).

     The Wincast (and all my other cards/memory) work just fine with the
standard BIOS setup and (more importantly) with the mem bus/PCI bus
overclocked to 83/41.5Mhz (and the CPU OCed to 125Mhz).

     My P100 w/ T2P4 now benches up with the P150s and P166s.  Not bad.
It'll be a more restful wait for the the K6-233 prices to fall now, and I'm
even armed with the just the board for the chip :-)

</ASUS-PLUG-OFF>

Randall