Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 12:32:33 -0600 (CST)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu, vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk
Subject:   Re: [H] Optimal computer for FreeBSD

>  I think that EDO is cheaper right now than FPM, because of volume
>  questions, anyways, so you get EDO even tho there's no benefit from it,
>  because there's no loss from getting it.

parity EDO is more expensive than parity FPM (40-50% more expensive at
Megatrends Technology). For those that believe parity is important and
is worth the money (and most in this group would be in that camp).
As I read this thread of conversation, the debate is if parity EDO
is worth the expense considering performance differences.

--mark.