Date:      Sun, 01 Feb 1998 23:24:09 +0100
From:      sthaug@nethelp.no
To:        avalon@coombs.anu.edu.au
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: network LKM driver

> Have a look out for something called "vif" - virtual interface or "visr".
>
> It's an LKm written for SunOS4 to provide virtual interface which is
> designed to allow source routes to be used easily.  There are two versions
> around - one which can't be unloaded and one which can.
>
> Typically you need to do things like remove from the list of interfaces,
> invalidate/delete routing references, etc.

I made the modloadable version. It was based on the original from John
Ioannidis, with bits and pieces for the modloading/unloading stolen
shamelessly from several different places :-) (The route invalidation
and interface detach parts are from ppp-2.1.2.)  It was basically just
a question of putting the code fragments together the right way...