Date:      Sun, 18 Mar 2012 00:42:09 -0700
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian@freebsd.org>
To:        Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mips@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hwpmc(4) MIPS code refactoring / bugfixes

Hi!

On 18 March 2012 00:24, Oleksandr Tymoshenko <gonzo@bluezbox.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Proposed patch fixes some issues in hwpmc(4) and makes adding support
> for more MIPS CPUs much easier. I'd appreciate reviews and any
> feedback.
>
> http://people.freebsd.org/~gonzo/mips/pmc-2.diff

Thanks for this!

Some of this stuff looks like it can be committed as small, standalone fixes:

* pmc_syscall_args is standalone, right?
* changing the MIPS rtld is also a separate commit
* same deal with pmcstat_log.c? But this would also impact non-MIPS
platforms so we'd have to test those?

I like fixing up the generic MIPS PMC code to be generic, as I'd like
to eventually reuse it for mips74k support.

Other than that, great work! I'm so glad this has made such great
progress in the past week.

Adrian