Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2024 02:41:51 +0530
From:      Apoorv Sachan <apoorv.99.sachan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   networking projects under freeBSD

--0000000000009885ad06115df667

Hi all !

I am Apoorv and I am interested in contributing to the networking projects
under FreeBSD.
I find working with networking and protocols very interesting and
fascinating.
I have experience in C programming working with L3 - UDP and Ethernet
protocols.
I am still exploring TCP and would call myself a beginner, I wish to learn
and debug more.

It was pointed out to me on the discord community channel by @meena that
the implementation for the following issue  * [if_re: Generate an address
if there is none in the EEPROM #670
(https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/pull/670
<https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/pull/670>)] *could be moved higher
up the stack, and apparently every driver implements this by itself now.

I would like to take this project up but would need further steps,  and
help to make progress along this issue. I would love to know if there is an
active bug/github issue where it could be tracked, and who should be my
primary contact for working with this.

Sincere Thanks
Apoorv Sachan

--0000000000009885ad06115df667

uting to the networking projects under FreeBSD.<br>I find working with netw=
orking and protocols very interesting and fascinating.<br><div>I have exper=
ience in C programming working with L3 - UDP and Ethernet protocols.=C2=A0<=
/div><div>I am still exploring TCP and would call myself a beginner, I wish=
 discord community channel by @meena that the implementation for the follow=
ing issue=C2=A0=C2=A0<b> [if_re: Generate an address if there is none in th=
e EEPROM #670 <a href=3D"https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/pull/670">(=
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-src/pull/670</a>)] </b>could be moved hi=
gher up the stack, and apparently every driver implements this by itself no=
rther steps,=C2=A0 and help to make progress along this issue. I would love=