Date:      Wed, 19 Jan 2005 01:08:31 +0100
From:      Dejan Lesjak <dejan.lesjak@ijs.si>
To:        Clint Olsen <clint@0lsen.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Reverse engineering x11/xorg for VNC build

Clint Olsen wrote:

> I thought I would be making my life easier but maybe this isn't such a
> good
> idea.  I was trying to leverage the port of xorg-libraries for building
> the
> latest RealVNC.  Unfortunately, when I go into the link tree for the build
> (xc), and 'make World', I am getting complaints from the build system
> because variables like FreeBSDCC and FreeBSDCFLAGS are not set.  I did a
> little cursory grepping and found these compiler settings are coming from
> FreeBSD.cf, but I can't follow the port build enough to find out how I can
> avoid this problem.
>
> Can someone throw me a cluepon?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Clint

You are probably looking for x11-servers/xorg-server/files/patch-FreeBSD.cf
You can probably just throw a
#define FreeBSDCC	cc
#define FreeBSDCFLAGS
in host.def or define them on imake command line or something... I don't quite
understand what you are doing there, but feel free to contact me if you get
lost among Imakes :)

Dejan