Date:      Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:17:41 +0100 (CET)
From:      hm@kts.org (Hellmuth Michaelis)
To:        tobi@themaster.de
Cc:        Freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: TELES 16.3 (no f*** c or PnP)

Tobias Seiler wrote:

> The strange thing is, that I have done all the things to make i4b work on
> this machine, the machine boots up fine i4b is probing the card attaching
> the devices is setting config doesn't moan about anything and also the
> complete IP setup is done as it should be. The only thing is that the
> machine doesn't dial out. I copied the config from the other running
> machine and applied only slight changes to it (other ip address and similar
> things).
> Isdntrace simply does nothing and does not recognise when there something
> happening on the ISDN chain. It only creates an almost empty file with its
> standard header.

It seems you have either a kernel configuration error (wrong irq etc) or
you have a hardware conflict (io, memory, irq).

> P.S.: A friend of mine also would like to run some kind of comm server but
> could only get hold on a 16.3c TELES card. Is there any support planed or
> what is needed to get the card working ? Is it 'only' some PnP mapping
> stuff or does it use a complete different chipset ?

It has a different chipset. Someone is working to support this card for
FreeBSD but it looks like it will take (quite) some time to finish this.

hellmuth
--
Hellmuth Michaelis                hm@kts.org                   Hamburg, Europe
 We all live in a yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine, yellow subroutine ...