Date:      Wed, 23 Sep 1998 22:27:10 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@jonny.eng.br>
Cc:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bug or feature ?  My FreeBSD mobile experience.

>   Also, most times my FreeBSD (-current from july end) does not detect
> the removal of a pccard.  If I reenter the card (or even another one),
> it detects the removal and the insertion.  It's not a hardware
> problem, since Win95 DTRT.  Is this a know bug (instability) in the
> pccard subsystem ?

It's probably a bug in your PCIC where it doesn't send interrupts when a
card is inserted/removed like it's supposed to.  I disabled the
'polling' ability in -current a while back so that people who had broken
hardware would tell me (~ March), and given the lack of feedback I
assumed that most hardware worked. :)

>   Oh, why not talk about all problems I've seen ?  :)  Using a Adaptec
> SlimScsi from a friend I noted that removing and reinserting the card
> creates a second scsi bus (scbus1).  Removing it again freezes the
> system in a error loop.  Does the CAM subsystem support bus removal ?

The AIC driver doesn't support bus removal, and you aren't running CAM
at all because the AIC driver isn't supported under CAM (yet).

There are some PAO patches to support bus removal, but I don't know if
it does the right thing, and I'm not sure if it would port to CAM.

Nate