Date:      Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:00:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Lee Crites (AEI)" <leec@adam.adonai.net>
To:        Chuck Robey <chuckr@glue.umd.edu>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Packard Bell?

On Sun, 3 Aug 1997, Chuck Robey wrote:

=>> tried just doing an install, without success.  It just hangs at various
=>> points (none of the 9 tries hung at the same spot) after all of the
=>> setup screens and fs work, while copying blocks of data from the cd.
=>
=>If no one answers this, maybe no one's done it?  But if you want help, and
=>you don't give any indications of what problems you're seeing, you really
=>can't be terribly surprised if no one's able to help you.

I figured a generic question would get a generic reply.  If anyone had
upgraded a pb box from windoze 95 to fbsd they (I hope) would say
something like "I did and it's working okay for me."

There is this fine line between dumping tons of information on a list in
the hopes of getting an instant and detailed anwer right away vs. a
generic question which will require followup.  One wastes bandwidth for
the 99% while the other requires multiple messages for the 1% (or less).
I'm guilty of both, but I was shooting for the latter option this time.

Lee