Date:      Wed, 19 Mar 1997 10:00:27 -0800
From:      Paul Traina <pst@jnx.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   looking for CHEAP multi-port async cards for low-bandwidth terminal server

We're talking about using a couple of freebsd machines in our lab to serve
the serial console ports on 8 or so devices.  The ports are clocked at 115k,
but are for the most part, totally idle, so a board that can handle 8x115k
bandwidth is not necessary.

Of all the multi-port async boards out there (Cronyx, Cyclades, Stallion(s),
Specialix, AST, Boca) that run under FreeBSD, what do people like?

Again, I'm looking for cheap ($50 or less per port) but reliable.