Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 16:01:28 GMT
From:      Andrea Venturoli <a.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DOS again :)

** Reply to message from Cliff Rowley <dozprompt@onsea.com> on Wed, 22 Dec 1999
13:37:02 +0000 (GMT)

> Has anyone on the list actually had or does have doscmd up and running?
> I'm getting nowhere fast.  ~/.doscmdrc is set up follows:
>
> assign A: /dev/rfd0.1440 1440
> assign A: /dev/rfd0.720 720
> assign hard boot_drive 1024 15 17
>
> But doscmd never tries to read/boot/anything from the floppy drive.

What version are you running?
I used FreeBSD 3.3-RELEASE and it an /etc/doscmdrc with the following line
worked for me:

assign A: /dev/fd0.1440 1440

Notice I didn't say I actually got something useful out of it, since I runned
into some problem in a later stage, and I haven't had time to solve it yet.

 Bye
	av.