Date:      Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:01:51 +0200
From:      Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Bootloader In FreeBSD 4.6

  On Jul 15 at 15:50, Uthai Luednugrobe spoke:

> before i'm begining to install FreeBSD 4.6 . i"m realy work with Windows ME ,   Linux RH
> 7.2 , Slackware 8.1 . It's smooth for use .  in  14 jul 2002 i'm decide to   Install The
> FreeBSD 4.6 for the first time in my life. It may be very difficult . so i   walk alone.
> Every thing may be underway for the good practice. Oh God my power is down   after the
> bootloader will complete . When i restart my computer again i'm can't joy   with Windows,
> linux , or FreeBSD . I'm tried with  fdisk /mbr in dos command . but can't   work . everything
> be in the dark.
> How I choose the FreeBSD to correct this Problem ?.

Hi,

did you install all these operating systems on one single disk?
Did you install the Bootloader of FreeBSD in the first disk?
Afaik the FreeBSD Bootloader supports only primary partitions. So if
Linux resides in a logical partition you can't reach it by the
FreeBSD bootloader.
If want to boot from logical partitions lilo or grub will do.

-Hanspeter