Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 03:23:01 +0200
From:      Maxime Henrion <mux@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Patch for adding /media to FreeBSD

Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:

> Since the overall consensus is to add a root directory called /media to
> accommodate removable media mount points (e.g. those managed by HAL), I
> have drawn up the following patch.  Since I am a ports/doc committer,
> could a src committer approve this patch so that I can commit it?  Thanks.
>
> http://www.marcuscom.com/downloads/media.diff

Even though I'm quite reluctant to add root directories in general,
this one sounds like a sane idea.  The name is generic enough to
my taste, so we can hope we're not going to need to add other
directories for that purpose.  Besides, anything that can help us
catch up a bit on the HAL side is good in my opinion.  So, this
looks good to me.

Cheers,
Maxime