Date:      Mon, 15 Sep 1997 09:48:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jamie Norwood <mistwolf@ds9.lesn.lehigh.edu>
To:        aic7xxx@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Aicxxx driver

Hello all,

I am running Redhat Linux 4.2, and trying to recompile the kernel to see my NIC. However,
whenever I do, it locks up in the portion of setting the SCSI syncrobnization rate to 10ms.
(Sorry i don't have exact messages; the computer n question has no access, and I've found no
way to easily get the errors elsewhere :> ).

I seem to recall getting by this before by replacing the driver with a more current one, but
I can't seem, for the life of me, to FIND the current FTP site. I found one that had a drive
r in it, but it had no dateing, and didn't work. I seem to recall, previously, the directory
structure was broken down by the release of the driver. Can someone either tell me how to
fiz the problem or where the drivers are kept?

Jamie
|The shadows of life cover the sunlight of the soul, and block out the|
|radiance that all have within them, leaving only darkness behind.    |
|mistwolf@ds9.lesn.lehigh.edu | mistwolf@netcom.com | mistwolf@io.com |