Date:      Tue, 25 May 1999 16:33:48 -0700
From:      Ludwig Pummer <ludwigp@chip-web.com>
To:        "Bob Kehr" <bkehr@thegrid.net>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: video drivers

At 04:29 PM 5/26/1999 , Bob Kehr wrote:
>I have not been able to find a list of video drivers that are supported by
>FreeBSD 3.1.
>Could you send me this information or point me to a URL where this info is
>located?

FreeBSD 3.1 runs just fine in text mode, so any video card will work with it.

However, XFree86, the X Windows that FreeBSD uses, has its own list of
supported graphics cards. For that list, you want to go to www.xfree86.org
and look at the Readme for the current release.

The current release is 3.3.3.1, and its list of supported chipsets is
available at http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.3.1/README3.html#3 (and many AGP
cards are supported).

--Ludwig Pummer ( ludwigp@bigfoot.com ) ICQ UIN: 692441