Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 1997 04:41:43 -0000 (GMT)
From:      Conrad Sabatier <conrads@neosoft.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Luigi's PnP in 2.2.5 -- problem

On 12-Nov-97 Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> Patched my system, recompiled/installed dset, rebuilt kernel with
>> "controller
>> pnp0".  OK, fine.  Now, here's the problem:
>>
>> Trying to manually configure my AWE 64 at boot time, the port addresses are
>> not
>> being saved correctly.  It seesm the high-order byte of each address is
>> being
>> dropped.  For example:
>
> yeah, the bug is in pnpinfo.c, there is a function, pnp_readw() or the
> like, which is incorrectly declared u_char instead of u_short.
> All the rest works right.

Corrected this, remade pnpinfo.  Fiddled a litle more with boot-time config,
and...OSS finally works!  Yay!  I am SO HAPPY!

Thank you so much Luigi!

--
Conrad Sabatier
http://www.neosoft.com/~conrads

And the Deep Thought of the Day (tm) is:

Mustgo, n.:
        Any item of food that has been sitting in the refrigerator so
long it has become a science project.
                -- Sniglets, "Rich Hall & Friends"