Date:      Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:28:23 -0500
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Ismael_Farf=C3=A1n?= <sulfurfff@gmail.com>
To:        Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup + PAC proxy?

2012/10/24 Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>:
> On Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:40:58 -0500, Ismael Farf=C3=A1n wrote:
>
>> Hello list
>>
>> Is it possible to use a proxy auto-config stript with cvsup?
>>
>> That would save me testing one by one which is the one used to access
>> the cvsup servers.
>>
>> Does any of the CLI tools supports PAC?
>
> cvsup is on the way out. Better switch to svn.

Interesting... probably someone should update the handbook then:

"""
2 Grab the sources from a FreeBSD mirror site. You can do this in one
of two ways:
  a Use the **cvsup** program with the supfile named standard-supfile
available from /usr/share/examples/cvsup. This **is the most
recommended method**, since it allows you to grab the entire
collection once and then only what has changed from then on...
"""

Does anyone knows if this is in sync with CURRENT/bleeding-edge svn freebsd=
?
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd-head

I don't have anything against svn, but I don't need 100 old copies of
each file in the tree and git has a very handy --depth option.

Regards
Ismael