Date:      Wed, 30 Jul 1997 16:04:24 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Vincent Poy <vince@mail.MCESTATE.COM>
Cc:        Marco Molteni <molter@logic.it>, security@FreeBSD.ORG, "[Mario1-]" <mario1@PrimeNet.Com>, JbHunt <johnnyu@accessus.net>
Subject:   Re: security hole in FreeBSD

> what Jordan told me back in the FreeBSD 1.0 Gamma days.  One will never
> know everything and will need to learn from others.  Unless everyone is
> Albert Einstein here.

It's not what you know, it's how you learn.  Be more willing to
investigate the obvious before you run to the mailing lists for help
and you'll go much further here, Vince.  Lack of proper "invesigative
skills" is your biggest weakness, as I've amply seen while observing
you these last couple of years, and you won't hone this skill by
asking questions, you'll hone it by spending just a little extra time
on each problem before bringing up that email client.

					Jordan