Date:      Wed, 1 Jan 2003 18:59:45 -0500
From:      Peter Radcliffe <pir@pir.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Thinkpad X30, wireless card

"M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com> probably said:
> Does the card go away and come back on suspend?

Doesn't seem to by default.

> If not, then all bets are off.  On suspend the card should detach,
> then reattach itself on resume.  If it isn't doing this, then the
> suspend stuff on your computer isn't working the way it should and
> its BIOS isn't telling the OS to please suspend...

The OS is getting suspend calls, as far as I can tell. rc.suspend and
rc.resume get called, I get the expected;

  resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:12)

in dmesg after a resume.

So the expected behaviour is the same as with the unload/load commands
I've added in manually ? I was hoping it would stay existing, like the
built in ether does, so it didn't need reconfiguring.

P.

--
pir                pir-sig@pir.net                 pir-sig@net.tufts.edu