Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:33:00 -0800
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        "Michael W. Lucas" <mwlucas@michaelwlucas.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: after upgrade, can't restart apache via cron

--y0Ed1hDcWxc3B7cn

On Thu, Nov 22, 2012 at 10:17:54PM -0500, Michael W. Lucas wrote:
> ...=20
> 13  *  * * * /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 restart
>=20
> When this job runs, I get the following email:
>=20
> Performing sanity check on apache22 configuration:
> eval: setfib: not found
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22: WARNING: failed to start apache22
>=20
> If I run /usr/local/etc/rc.d/apache22 restart from the command line, I
> can restart httpd without trouble.
>=20
> Any thoughts?

PATH used by cron -- per crontab(5):

     Several environment variables are set up automatically by the cron(8)
     daemon.  SHELL is set to /bin/sh, PATH is set to /usr/bin:/bin, and
     LOGNAME and HOME are set from the /etc/passwd line of the crontab's
     owner.  HOME, PATH and SHELL may be overridden by settings in the
     crontab; LOGNAME may not.

and setfib is:

g1-227(9.1-P)[1] which setfib
/usr/sbin/setfib
g1-227(9.1-P)[2]=20

Looks as if overriding PATH (in crontab) is least disruptive change
that will work.

Peace,
david
--=20
Taliban: Evil men with guns afraid of truth from a 14-year old girl.

--y0Ed1hDcWxc3B7cn

--y0Ed1hDcWxc3B7cn--