Date:      Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:37:52 -0800
From:      Johnson David <DavidJohnson@Siemens.com>
To:        Terry J Dunlap Jr <terrydunlap@netzero.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Newbies <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Ports & Sources Server

On Tuesday 18 February 2003 06:14 pm, Terry J Dunlap Jr wrote:
> NFS is new to me. In addition to the handbook and "FreeBSD
> Unleashed", any other sources you might suggest for learning NFS?
>
> I see that O'Reilly publishes "Managing NFS and NIS." Is this
> overkill for what I'm trying to achieve?

Probably overkill for your situation. All you need is an NFS server
running on the "ports" machine, and NFS clients on the others. If this
network is exposed to the public, then you'll need to take care that
you properly secure NFS.

Taking a quick look at freebsddiary, I see that there's an article there
at <http://www.freebsddiary.org/nfs.php>. Amazingly enough, the author
is using NFS for a ports tree. FreeBSD Diary is your friend in need!

David