Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2006 10:57:14 +0600
From:      "Elisey O. Savateev" <b3k@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Minimal chroot environment for packages building

Hi, folks!

	I'm, working on LegoBSD project
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/legobsd) - a simple by design,
modular, easy for configure and extension toolkit used for building
FreeBSD based operating systems for all sort of needs. The project idea
inspired by FreeSBIE (http://www.freesbie.org/) toolkit but code was
rewritten from scratch. The main project goals are improved plugin
infrastructure and better software addition scheme (replaced pkgselect
and pkginstall FreeSBIE stages). Project is very very young for now. But
source code of it is already available via SF.net SVN.
	Now I'm rewriting buildpackages and installpackages
stages (current implementation available via svn is incorrect). I'm
planning to build and install packages into target system in two ways:
	- using DESTDIR,
	- using chroot environment to build packages and then install
packages into target system chroot.
	So I need an advice: what is _minimal_ chroot environment to
build packages? I think it must include as minimum toolchain (without
debugger), all programs used in bsd.ports.mk and all libraries this
programs depends on. I want to use exactly minimal environment because
LegoBSD is minimalistic by design and no space left on my development
laptop hard drive :)

	Any advices and comments regarding LegoBSD project are welcomed!

---
Elisey O. Savateev
<b3k@mail.ru> http://bio3k.softboard.ru | ICQ: 955583 PGP/GPG pubkey:
http://bio3k.softboard.ru/uploads/etc/pubkey.asc