Date:      Tue, 23 Nov 1999 02:50:58 -0500
From:      Allix Primus <alleve@idirect.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: The annoyance of the Linux hype when Freebsd is clearly better than Linux

Comming from the "Linux World" to FreeBSD, I can definately say that FreeBSD is
much much better Operating System. It has many advantages over linux, but one
major disadvantage, the FreeBSD community. In one month with linux I basically
learned everything off of newsgroups, mailing lists, and mainly irc. With
FreeBSD in one month, i'm basically trapped. The mailing lists and newsgroups
are ok, but the irc channels are reluctant to help anyone. After using it for a
month I can see why it isn't as popular.