Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 23:43:24 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Giorgio Nobili <giorgio_f_nobili@hp.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Installing FreeBSD

On Mon, 28 Sep 1998, Giorgio Nobili wrote:

>Hi, be patient! I'm totally novice to these arguments; I'm using DOS and
>Windows from 6 years and now I'm looking to see if there's something
>better around. I've red your "Installing FreeBSD" on th URL

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html

Do these instructions here...

>and it's all clear but .... the first link "Obtaining FreeBSD" brings to
>FTP sites and another click to ftp://ftp.FreeBSD.ORG/pub/FreeBSD.
>Another click brings me to a page intitled "Current directory is
>/pub/FreeBSD" with a great amount of directories:for an ignorant like

And don't even click on these links. You don't need to if you follow the
above instructions.

>I'm, it's impossible to understand what I need to download to have a
>minimun installation which make me understand if this new OS can be for
>me or not. I hope that also a novice can have an help to sail in this

You do not need to understand the "impossible". The installation disc (1.4
MB) is the only thing you need to manually download. FreeBSD will take
care of all of the tricky stuff.

Catchya Later,		|	UW Mechanical Engineering
Jason Wells		|	http://weber.u.washington.edu/~jcwells/