Date:      Mon, 28 Apr 2003 22:32:49 +0200
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hw.acpi.battery.life: 101

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 08:24:15PM +0000, Bjoern A. Zeeb wrote:
> this morning I noticed the following I never had seen before:
>
> hw.acpi.acline: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.life: 101		<<-- this is %, isn't it ? ;-)
> hw.acpi.battery.time: -1
> hw.acpi.battery.state: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.units: 1
> hw.acpi.battery.info_expire: 5

At my laptop (Dell Latitude C640), when on AC, the battery life and time
values only make sense when they are not fully charged.

Your situation is weird however, it tells that you are on AC power
(acline=1), but that your battery is discharging (state=1).

Were you on acline at this moment? And if so, what does it report when you
unplug AC (and wait for the next update of the values)?

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos                    RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/    New Projects Group/TTM