Date:      Wed, 13 Apr 2005 12:51:30 +0200
From:      Oliver Brandmueller <ob@e-Gitt.NET>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: strangeness about netstat -m and mbuf clusters

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

Hi Kris.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 03:21:58AM -0700, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> See the errata for 5.3, this is still true for later versions.

Err, OK, sorry.

> > On all the machines where this happens I also see, that I cannot use vi=
=20
> > to edit a file on an NFS filesystem. vi simply does nothing, it hangs=
=20
> > and cannot be killed or only after a long time. Using truss is not=20
> > possible: "truss: PIOCBIS: Inappropriate ioctl for device" (procfs is=
=20
> > mounted). Using another editor (vim for example) works as expected.
>=20
> Sounds like rpc.lockd is not set up on client and/or server.

rpc.lockd / rpc.statd were set up and were running on both client and=20
server. And it had been working before.

Well the actual problem was, that on the server the processes were still=20
there, but the lockd didn't work anymore. After restarting the lockd=20
there everything worked again. Thanx for the pointer!

Now we start going for the rest of all the strange things :-)

- Oliver

--=20
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |
|               Ich bin das Internet. Sowahr ich Gott helfe.               |
| Eine gewerbliche Nutzung aller enthaltenen Adressen ist nicht gestattet! |

--huq684BweRXVnRxX

--huq684BweRXVnRxX--